"We have worked with Christopher Stanley for over four years now and have a great working relationship with them.
They understand our priorities and respect that there are often budget constraints to be taken into account.
We get the work we need at a competitive price without any compromise on the quality."
Whether you have limited resources in-house or require a full project service we can offer a solution tailored to meet your requirements. The range of services we provide include:
CSA offers initial feasibility designs for any particular project; these may be simple thumbnail sketches to indicate what might be possible or fully informative sketches showing house type locations, garage, parking provisions and highway network layouts. The feasibility section can consist of development reviews and initial enquiries relating to any particular project.
The initial feasibility process will aid the Client in determining whether a project is commercially viable. Alternative feasibility designs on the same site can assess the merits of any particular scheme and guide the Client by identifying an economical advantage from one scheme to another. The feasibility stage identifies the potential value of a scheme allowing negotiations to take place between Client and Landowner. The feasibility stage also allows early discussions with the Local Planning Authority to assess the chances of obtaining Planning Consent.
We offer further design services
with a more detailed and precise
approach taken to finalise the feasibility
work already undertaken. This might
take the form of specific designs
and detailed sketches to allow the
Client to review and approve the
designs as they evolve. These initial
design sketches can be used as a
basis to prepare detailed planning
design drawings, potentially for
submission with a detailed Planning
Application to obtain statutory consents
or used as supporting documents in
large schemes, or as indicative details
in Outline Applications.
The Planning design stage will relate to specific projects and can include single individual house designs, or groups of houses that interact and compliment each other on a particular site. We also undertake multi-occupant designs such as apartment blocks, either as stand alone designs or intergrated into large schemes that contain a range of housing sizes or form part of a mixed use scheme. We can provide designs for one off house types or prepare designs for larger projects where a mix of housing styles are required.
Our design service includes preparing site layouts indicating the house types plotted in context with each other and how they might fit within existing developments. Our layout design work reflects our detailed knowledge of spatial standards, highway/pedestrian layouts, public and private amenity and where necessary incorporates specific design requirements of the Client, Local Authority or other controlling bodies.
We are able to collate this information and prepare Planning Applications for new developments. We provide supporting details for applications, such as written reports and, Design and Access Statements. We are able to act as Lead Design Consultants, where other specialist designers are involved.
Following the receipt of a Planning
Consent or in anticipation of a Consent,
we offer a full Technical Design
Service where the detailed Planning
drawings are reviewed. Full
Technical working drawings are
then prepared to indicate how the
specific design will be dimensionally
laid out with accompanying sections
and elevations to show all building
heights for ease of construction. This
will allow the Client, Surveyors,
Valuers, Contractors or
others to cost, value and plan
how the building will be delivered
and built on site.
We would expect the Technical Drawing Package to consist of the following detailing, however, this can be tailored to suit the Client's exact requirements:
- 1:50 scale floor plans annotated with all relevant construction notes, dimensions, door and window references, together with engineering proposals as advised by the Consulting Engineer.
- 1:50 scale sub-structure plans showing load bearing wall positions, foundations (by Engineer), service entries and foul and storm drainage connections.
- 1:50 scale outline structural floor plans and 1:50 scale roof key plans for Specialist Designers.
- 1:100 or 1:50 scale elevations with material finishes and relevant dimensions.
- 1:50 and 1:20 sections, where necessary, with relevant construction notes and dimensions.
- 1:50 electrical layouts with indicative radiator positions.
- Door and window schedules.
In addition to the Technical drawings, the following can be provided to form part of the overall Technical Package:
- Full sets of construction notes.
- Production of 'External Works' site layout indicating all boundary treatments and hard landscaping proposals.
- Large scale details such as level threshold and gas protection.
- Liaising and cross checking of all other Specialist Design Consultants' drawings i.e. Consulting Civil and Structural Engineer, Mechanical and Electrical Engineer, Energy Rating Consultants, Sustainable Home Assessors, Timber Frame Manufacturers and Floor/Truss Designers.
- Production of 'Conveyance Plan' for legal purposes.
- Production of 'Blocked-Out' Sales plans showing all finished room sizes in metric and imperial.
- 1:20 scale floor plans and elevations of bathroom, ensuite and cloakrooms to show tiling layouts, appliance positions and associated boxings/furniture.
As part of the Full Technical Design
Service, we offer to collate, submit
and negotiate the statutory approvals
required with the relevant bodies
prior to construction commencing
On all projects completed, Designer's Risk Assessments and Hazard Identification Records are produced and issued to the appointed CDM Co-ordinator for inclusion in the Pre-Construction Health and Safety Plan.
Technical projects are undertaken using the latest AutoCAD software.
CSA can provide the full range of infrastructure design services. These can include highway design, drainage design, storm water attenuation, SuDS design, setting out and external works together with vehicle swept path analysis.
Despite the challenges facing the sector at the moment, PRO Structures is thriving and the team looks forward to welcoming you, and to helping you with any structural design needs you may have.
Our aim is always to offer the highest professional standards combined with excellent value and a no-nonsense approach, and our capabilities include designing to the latest codes and regulations in timber and steel, as well as offering substructure and geotechnical assistance, with a commitment to being as environmentally friendly as possible.
CSA, in association with Meadow Energy Rating, provide domestic energy and sustainability assessment of new dwellings. We offer a full range of services and consultancy in Part L compliance and Code for Sustainable Homes.
Meadow Energy Rating are a BRE® accredited Domestic Energy Assessor and BRE® Licenced Code for Sustainable Homes Assessors. They use the highly acclaimed BuildDesk® Energy Design and BuildDesk® U software for SAP Assessments.
Our services cover:
- SAP Energy Assessments
- Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment
- Technical Advice and Reports
We work with all sectors of the
industry including architects, self
builders, developers and consulting
engineers throughout England and
Wales to meet their requirements
for Building Regulation and Sustainable